



## ♥COQUINA COAST AREA MINUTES♥

### February 8, 2026

Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer led by Jason

12 Traditions: Suze

12 Concepts: Kyler

Definition of ASC: Jonathan

#### ♥ATTENDANCE

Facilitator✓

Co-Facilitator✓

Secretary✗

Co-Secretary✓

Treasurer✓

Co-Treasurer⊘

H&I✓

Activities✓

I.T.✓

Fellowship Development✓

RCM 1✓

RCM 2✓

RCM 3✓

Literature✓

PR Helpline⊘

#### 7 groups present

A New Life✓

A Vision of Hope✓

Back to Basics✓

Baker's Dozen✗

Clean and Serene✗

Lost and Found✗

NA Group✓

Never Alone✗

New Beginnings✓

No Matter What✗

We Do Recover✗

Welcome Home✓

W.I.S.H✓

---

Last month's minutes- Approved✓

New Groups: No new groups

New Members/Visitors: Jeannie is the new GSR for W.I.S.H **WELCOME!**

---

### **FACILITATOR- JASON S.**

I do not have much to report this month, I do have a concern. I was at the H&I subcommittee meeting and only the facilitator and I were there. I'm not sure if he was going to speak on it or not but if you are one of the coordinators for a facility, the other half of your responsibility is showing up to these meetings and having some accountability. If we don't know what's going on in these facilities then we can't help you or give you literature etc..

Tami: Unfortunately I think that clause was taken out of the guidelines.

Kevin: What is that, the facilitators don't have to attend?

Tami: It was removed from the guidelines a couple years ago.

Jason: We will look into that, thank you.

---

### **CO-FACILITATOR- KEVIN O.**

Nothing to report

---

### **SECRETARY- TRICIA**

Absent

### **CO-SECRETARY- JESSICA M.**

I do not have a report at this time. I am taking the minutes today but please speak up because Matt is recording so I will get with Tricia and go over everything.

---

### **TREASURER- TJ**

Opening balance: \$2,354.65

Over prudent reserve \$964.40

(Monthly reconciliation form is attached)

---

### **FELLOWSHIP DEVELOPMENT- JEF**

♥We met today at 11:30 with 16 members in attendance. We had Angela here from Region that spoke about a few things from Corrections. It will be brought up during open discussion here.

♥Corey wanted to discuss getting some verbiage added to the guide for the "responsibilities of the RCM 3"

♥Rightsizing our budgets here locally and also being part of rightsizing budgets for the Region.

♥Crescent City came to fellowship development and Kevin with A New Life said they need some support out there Wednesday nights at 7pm at 252 S. Summit Street

♥A Vision of Hope is changing the time of their meeting on Saturdays starting February 14th from noon to 3pm.  
That was all we did.

---

### RCM 1- COREY G.

♥The main thing coming out of Region this month was budgets. We had a conversation on Sunday about the budget, more about how it is working. There has been a lot of movement this year compared to last year about creating a more balanced approach. Our area's biggest concern last year was that they were presenting an unbalanced budget. We made a lot of movements towards that. We are not finished. So I know I said I was going to send it out last month but there was too much movement so I sent the budget and the budget presentation to the secretary and we will get it in the minutes this month so we can answer your questions for next month. I want you guys to look at it from this perspective of if there are lines you want adjusted, then bring those to our attention. One of the key things they want us to look at is if there are things we did not spend money on this year but if you think that it is better to remove those from the budget we can, that's a change from last year and we want to approach it that way. The goal of this exercise for the next few months is to get to a balanced budget. It will not be a topic at the March RSC for the most part because there is no fellowship development meeting. But the GSR assembly will discuss it.

♥The other thing, a couple months ago we talked about the service symposium going away. It has, that vote passed a month or two ago but what has not changed is the money that was set aside is still in the reserve account status. So there is a lot of discussion about moving that money around and what to do with that money. We will defer that conversation until May so we can see if the GSR assembly goes over budget. Likely use some of that money from the service symposium to cover the overage and then deal with it in May on how we want to further distribute that money.

Next month we will talk about fellowship development stuff.

### RCM 2- TOMMY

FRCA informed Region that all the rooms blocked for the convention were fully booked, and there were negotiations for them to get overflow rooms at the Inn

which is a mile down the road from the plaza. They were able to get it approved and they have rooms at the Inn that go for \$129 a night plus tax. The earliest you can check in that room is June 30th and the latest is July 9th. You can be there a full week if you want too with their rate or you can just go from the 2nd to the 5th your choice. So when you go to FRCNA's website and you go to the venue you have to scroll down to go to the overflow room to get that room. If you try to book in the first one you won't find any spots. That's all I have.

Corey: We do recommend that you book now! Those rooms are likely to go and you won't be able to find one because it is the July 4th weekend.

### **RCM 3- BRIAN W.**

I will be handling the attendees for the GSR assembly from March 13th to the 15th. So far I have 4 people going. I need to know who is going so I am going to send a paper around and I need your name, email and your groups so I can email you the agenda. I will be getting with TJ about reserving the rooms so I need a good count because they have to be booked by today. We will need 2 rooms for 2 nights. Also I will be sending the itinerary for the GSR assembly to all the attendees.

---

### **IT- SUZIE**

♥Our meeting schedule should be all good and up to date. If something is not right with your group please let me know. I have been pushing to make sure that the meeting group types are correct, if you would look it over and please double check. Wheelchair accessibility is very important so please make sure it is correct.

♥Passwords, they need to be reset every year so we are doing that now, they have all been reset on the emails. There are a handful of you that needed them in advance and I have given those to you. For everyone else, I am giving them to you now. Find your paper with your position or homegroup, there is a QR code on there you can scan it or type it in then use your credentials and log in. It has "how can i get this on my phone" it will tell you. If you really hate your password please let me know. I have tried to make it very easy.

---

### **ACTIVITIES- JENNIFER D.**

♥We have received approval for the use of the building for our next 2 activities. On **February 21st from 8pm to 11pm** we are having a **Second Chance Prom Dance**. Thrifted Retro or Vintage encouraged. We will have the King and Queen

crowning for best dressed. \$5 suggested donation. No addict turned away. We will provide punch. Please bring a snack to share. An event was created on Facebook. If you did not get an invite please get with me after and I will be sure to add you.

♥On **March 21st at 1pm Potluck in the Park**. The speaker is at 3pm. Bring a dish to share. Dress for field day and bring a towel. More will be revealed. An event was created on Facebook. Again if you didn't get an invite get with me after.

♥Our next committee meeting is tomorrow February 9th at 7:45pm right here.

---

### **H&I- JEFF**

The subcommittee met on 2/6/26 and 2 members were present.

Flagler Jail Men- 2/3

Flagler Jail Women- 0/3

Project Warm- All meetings were met

Epic Tuesday- All meetings were met

Epic Wednesday- 3/4

St. John's County Jail- All meetings were met

♥We had a little confusion as far as the literature from the East Coast Convention. All the boxes were labeled for what facility they go to. I was under the impression that all would have come to my literature chair and went over between us as far as having accountability and making sure all of it got out to those facilities. We are still discussing that and going to come up with a solution. As far as literature goes, since it is going to have an impact on the budget this month we have plenty of literature for the moment so we can take away that order for further down the road if that will be in our best interest.

Our rent was paid, no major issues, everything else is going well.

Jason: On the digital copy it does say under duties of coordinators is to be at a subcommittee meeting. I was wondering if you have a more updated copy.

Jeff: I have the most recent copy so we can cross reference this later.

Kevin: Did the ECC inventory what they gave you?

Jeff: Yes and we are going to sit down and make sure we figure out where it all belongs.

Corey: Has the H&I committee received all the literature they were expecting?

Jeff: Yes we did

♥The next subcommittee meeting will be held on **Friday 3/6/26 at 5:30pm** at the Silver Dollar II.

---

## LITERATURE- TAMI

Literature is going great! Our literature order for Feb. is still unknown.

♥Just a reminder – Literature orders are placed at the ASC only and paid for at the time of the order by a money order separate from your group's ASC donation.

Literature orders are delivered only at the following ASC.

♥If you are interested in helping with literature, we meet at 10:30am on ASC Sunday. We would love to have more people involved.

---

## ♥GSR REPORTS

### A NEW LIFE

GSR:Johnathan

Celebrations:-

Donation:\$0

Comments:-We would like the treasurer's report included in the email from the secretary with the minutes.

### A Vision of Hope

GSR: Kristy

Celebrations: -

Donation:\$63.81

Comments: New meeting time as of Feb. 14th it changed from Saturdays at noon to Saturdays at 3pm.

### Back to Basics

GSR: Cory C.

Celebrations: Ann S. 16 years on 2/16/26

Donation: \$0

Comments: Attendance is low, needs support!

### NA GROUP

GSR: Matt

Celebrations: Tara 1 year, date is TBD

Donation: \$0

Comments: -

### New Beginnings

GSR: Andrew

Celebrations: Zack 3 years on 2/9/26

Donation:\$0

Comments: No complaints

## WELCOME HOME

GSR: Kyler M.

Celebrations: -

Donation: \$10.00

Comments: We need support

## W.I.S.H

GSR: Jeannie

Celebrations: Kim S. 10 years on 2/24/26 & Janet G. 31 years on 3/24/26

Donation: \$0

Comments: -Group Anniversary 4 years on 3/3/26 at 6:15pm. 94 Whiteview Pkwy, Palm Coast. Potluck, all are welcome. There will be 2 speakers from the homegroup. We have really good attendance, it is getting better and better each week!

---

## ♥OPEN SHARING

We have a visitor here today from Region, Angelo.

Angelo: I am going to keep it short. There is a prison over in East Palatka. We were doing regular meetings there, not for H&I but holding regular NA meetings. The volunteers that were going there have stopped going and I am not sure when they stopped. So we didn't know there was no meeting going there. I am looking for volunteers for the men's prison, so I am looking for men volunteers to volunteer their time and to go through the fingerprint process and background check and let me know your pin and potentially start that meeting back up again. There are a few members in the prison that want NA in there. Right now they have AA. They also have a AA/NA Catholic group. So there is no NA presence in that prison at all. A certain member wrote to a few friends and they wrote to us so like I said I am trying to get a few volunteers to go back into Putman C.I. to get a NA presence and a NA message in there. There are other parts of the workgroup so if you want to join the workgroup, we meet tonight. There is a flyer. Let people know, let your sponsor know, let your sponsees know, let your friends know if you have a year or more and want to get involved in corrections and if you are a woman we can get you involved in the women's prison as well. We need some help, we are trying to get NA across the board as much as possible into the

prisons here in Florida, there are 130 of them. I am trying to get support into the ones within the area.

Corey G.: Can you talk a little bit about the zoom meetings?

Angelo: Sure so Between The Walls is a virtual meeting and any member can join that. It is a NA meeting. I can send out a zoom link, we meet every Tuesday from 2:30pm to 4:00pm. There are 2 prisons that are on there, it's the same groups that pops up every single week about 10-15 men that get on there and share what they are going through in prison and share how they are staying clean in prison. We then share our experience, strength and hope as well. There is no real format, we give the meeting to them and they pick whatever format, and we go from there. The workers from the prison reached out to see how they could help and get NA members in there and celebrate their clean time so we told them what we do, we told them we have the paper key tags to give in the prison, we do coffee, we do cake and they have actually been doing that. They now bring cake for the people that are celebrating.

T.J. What are the limitations for involving yourself in that again?

Angelo: So 1 year clean to be a volunteer, let people know if you have felonies you can be part of this. You can be cleared. The only thing they can't clear is if you had an assault on a guard or a cop or if you ever brought contraband in a prison or jail other than that you guys are good to go. You get fingerprinted and what's the worst you can here... No? Well then you can actually find out why. I think someone owed back child support of \$3, he had no clue. He wasn't able to get cleared into there but he paid the \$3 and it was taken care of he got his fingerprints and was cleared and is a volunteer now. Now the other parts of the workgroup there are Hope Rises, Between The Walls and other stuff you only need one day clean to participate.

---

### ♥OLD BUSINESS

♥TJ for Treasurer, GSRs only, is anyone opposed?... TJ you are officially the Treasurer.

♥Proposal 1/26/01 and it states: Under "Removal of Trusted Servant" to remove line "C" (absence of 2 consecutive or 3 annual regular meetings of the ASC) and add line "J" to Facilitator duties that would read "Contact any absent elected trusted servant and report the following month" Has anyone opposed that?

A New Life opposed it.

So that is 1 out of 7.



Why did your group oppose that? And is there anything we can do to change that?

Jonathan: They felt it should come to a vote, wasn't it about missing time?

Jason: It was about removing something from the wording in our guidelines about removing someone. Instead of just removing someone's position. It would now be my job to reach out and see why they were not there. We are trying to do away with the automatic removal.

Jonathan: Oh I thought it was pushed to a vote, now that it is understood more than likely they would have approved this proposal. As the GSR I will vote yes  
**Proposal 1/26/01 passed.**

♥ Proposal 1/26/02 Increase prudent reserve by \$100 to area treasury to support meetings (both new/starting and existing) Meetings must come back and provide receipts with how funds were used. Is anyone opposed to that?

A Vision of Hope and Back to Basics opposed

Jason: Please explain why and what can we do to help change it?

Kristy for A Vision of Hope: It was our group's conscience that there is already, for new groups, a new group starter kit that the groups can come and request and that there is a line item in the budget to help support new and existing groups and all they have to do is come and ask for help.

Jennifer with Back to Basics: It is the job of the area to support homegroups. We didn't feel that it needed to be in the guide because that is our job as an area to support the groups.

Kevin: I understand but that seems to be the issue with everything at the table. We always need it stipulated and worded because there is always controversy between whether it is there or not. That is why we are trying to put it into words.

Jason: So 2 out of 7 have opposed

Kristy: So I am unclear on this. Some of my homegroup members said that there was already a line item in the budget and I told them that it was a huge conversation at the last area meeting and that there was not. I think that is where some of the confusion is. So there is a starter kit already and it is the area's responsibility to support groups, they just have to come.

Jason: So if we table this proposal to fellowship development will the GSRs in opposition be willing to show up and have that conversation next month? Because right now it didn't pass.

Both GSRs agreed.

**Proposal 1/26/02 is being sent back to fellowship development.**

---

## ♥NEW BUSINESS

♥Jonathan: A motion to have the flyers put in the email and the treasurer's report emailed as well that the secretary sends out.

Jason: That is more of a request. We will be better at making sure it is taken care of for you.

Jonathan: My group is wanting to see how and where the money is being used.

TJ: I can put something together. I will send out the excel sheet. (See attachment)

♥TJ: Proposal to include specific requirements for area positions that handle area funds. Treasurer and RCMs. To reword any area position that handles funds.

Tami: Why?

TJ: To confirm that we can actually have a solid budget going forward without having to do an initial disbursement of \$283 or \$300 upfront. Instead, we would act on reimbursement instead of upfront. That would be my reasoning for it.

Tami: So wouldn't the proposal need to be to change the information or the requirements for RCMs 1, 2 and 3 that it is a reimbursement only that there are no upfront funds provided, is that what you are saying?

TJ: I'm saying that would be the end result that we would get to but the first step would be to ensure that the people that handle funds in general have the ability to go ahead and handle financial burden or stress, has the ability to propose that they have years clean time, that they are comfortable financially etc.. So that way the next proposition we can make next year would be to go ahead and stop forwarding funds upfront.

Corey G.: So let me just be clear on this, are you asking for a workgroup to figure all this stuff out?

TJ: More or less yes the reason why is because just this disbursement alone that I am about to write for, for the GSR assembly and the RCM is \$1,000 last year our group spent almost \$9,000 on RCM positions that is the biggest percentage of our budget and so there needs to be something in play in my opinion. That essentially protects our budget.

Corey G.: So can we alter the proposal to say the formal workgroup to define financial procedure to issuing funds to admin trusted servants

TJ: Yes. My concern is especially since we have a large literature order, there will come a time either one month or one quarter everything will come to a head and we will need to make a decision on what to sacrifice. It is not a guarantee, it is a potential to be prepared for. Like what just happened now, there is a \$501 literature order that needs to be made for H&I but we also need to send GSRs and RCMs to the events. That alone is \$1500. It forces you to make a decision about

what to fund in that manner instead of after the fact because the funds need to be paid upfront.

Corey G.: It says to create a workgroup to create financial procedures to issue funds to trusted servants and area needs.

Jason: Is anyone interested in heading up this workgroup? Anyone interested in participating?

♥TJ will head it up and Jef, Tommy, Corey G., Corey C., Jennifer, Tami and Kristy are going to participate.

---

### ♥ANNOUNCEMENTS

---

### ♥NOMINATIONS

PR/Helpline

Co treasurer

Also Fellowship development is looking for a co facilitator.

---

### ♥CLOSING TREASURER'S REPORT- TJ

Closing balance: \$861.61

Below prudent reserve \$528.64

(Monthly reconciliation form is attached)

---

### ♥GSR REMINDER

♥ See all attachments sent with the minutes. You will find the flyers to the Second Chance Prom, Potluck in the Park, Corrections Workgroup and the monthly reconciliation report from the Treasurer. Also be sure to see the attachments for the Regional budget and the budget presentation.

♥ Back to Basics and A Vision of Hope please make sure to meet with Fellowship Development next month to discuss proposal 1/26/02.

♥ Announce in your groups that Corrections is looking for men volunteers to bring NA meetings back into the prison in East Palatka. (see open sharing)

**THANK YOU!!!**

---

Jason S. closed the meeting with the Serenity Prayer.  
The next Area meeting will be **March 8, 2026**. See you all then!!

*In Loving Service,  
Tricia - Secretary*

*“February... The Month of Love”*

