



COQUINA COAST AREA MINUTES **July 12. 2026**

The meeting opened at 1:00 pm with the Serenity Prayer led by Jason.
Readings: 12 Traditions: Jonathan 12 Concepts: Kasey Definition of ASC: Jeret

ATTENDANCE

Facilitator✓
Co-Facilitator✓
Secretary✓
Co-Secretary✗
Treasurer✓
Co-Treasurer⊘
H&I✗
Activities✓
I.T.✓
Fellowship Development✓
RCM 1✓
RCM 2✗
RCM 3✗
Literature✓
PR Helpline⊘

9 GROUPS PRESENT

A New Life✓
A Vision of Hope✓
Back to Basics✓
Baker's Dozen✓
Clean and Serene✗
Lost and Found✗
NA Group✓
Never Alone✓
New Beginnings✓
No Matter What✗
We Do Recover✓
Welcome Home✓
W.I.S.H✗

New groups or GSRs- None
Last month's minutes- Approved✓

FACILITATOR- JASON S.

I really don't have much going on as far as a report other than I'm going to reach out to the RCM 3. The audit is supposed to take place and he is supposed to organize that and he is not here. We need to get this done. We talked about it in fellowship development and we have a tentative time and place. It is going to be on Monday July 20th at 8pm at the old City Hall building in Bunnell 201 Church Street. Anyone is welcome to come to that. 3 of the service body members need to be there. The following members will be there: Jason, TJ, Jef, Kevin & Tami. Anyone else that wants to be there is welcome.

Jef: Prior to that there is a 6:30pm celebration meeting, Any Means Necessary is going to reopen on July 20th at 6:30pm at 201 Church Street the old City Hall building in Bunnell. Jef will be celebrating 6 years on 7/20/26

CO-FACILITATOR- KEVIN O.

Nothing to report

SECRETARY- TRICIA

Nothing to report

TREASURER- TJ

Opening balance: \$2,342.85. Over prudent reserve by \$657.02

FELLOWSHIP DEVELOPMENT- JEF

We met earlier this morning right before this. We talked about a new meeting opening on Tuesday night at the St. John's Recovery Center in Crescent City at 7:00pm. If you want more information, see Jonathan.

Jonathan: It is not an open meeting, you have to have 1 year or more clean time.

Jef: We talked about the PR event that was approved that happened. We will get a report on that later. We also addressed the possibility of having a new location for area, but more will be revealed on that. We talked about the audit happening on the 20th and we wrapped up around 12:15pm and that was it.

Kasey: You mentioned having a new location.

Jef: Possibly

Kasey: Does that mean that we may not be here anymore?

Jef: Possibly, we are looking into another location that is a little more centralized. It is the old City Hall in Bunnell. The building is just sitting vacant and they are looking for stuff to do with it. It is about three times the size of this room. We are just tossing it around right now. I'm just letting everybody know.

RCM 1- Corey G

Last month we talked about the budget a bit. Realized that I told her where I was going to send out the budget and my reports. I did send it out to the secretary of region instead of area. And then I was wondering why I didn't get it. So I checked my email and I was like, "Oh look, it's not in the secretary's report." And apparently sending it to the regional secretary is not the most efficient way to get it. So I do want to get some conscience on today's approval of the budgets. I'm feeling comfortable about it because it's balanced. And what we said to them last region was that our area's biggest concern was to get to a balanced budget and then to figure out the exact expenditures that were right and wrong as the year progressed. So as long as you guys are all comfortable with that, I would just ask for permission to move that forward.

The second thing that happened last month was one of those things that came out of it was we did an acclimation. I just wanted to be clear and open with folks that when there was an acclimation, the RCM1 and RCM2 had a big topic about acclimations in general and that because this area doesn't use acclimations, our

position was that unless the acclimation is perfect, that we would pass on the acclimation. Not that we wouldn't vote for the person eventually, but we'd pass on an acclimation. So there was one person who passed on the acclimation. They got acclimated anyway, so it didn't affect the vote. I just wanted to be open that when acclimations happen, that is going to be our general policy. Unless we think that person is perfect, we're going to pass. And then we'll make a decision when the nomination comes forward again. If it gets acclimated without us, that's fine. Region is next weekend. We expect a lot of discussion, particularly around the convention, which was really good for those of you guys that didn't make it. But it also felt fairly low attendance. The numbers they told me were higher than normal and it felt a lot smaller than normal. So there's something not quite jiving there. We'll see what happens. So we'll see what numbers come out. They also had a ton of merchandise left over. So I think that they'll be looking to figure out something to do with it all. So those are the two big things. We'll get more information next week and that's about it.

I.T- SUZ

All is well.

ACTIVITIES- JENNIFER

We did not have an activity for June. Our next activity is going to be the Sponsor to Sponsor Brunch. That is going to be July 25th at noon right here at the church in the big room upstairs.

The following activity will be bowling on August 23rd from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Palm Coast Lane. It's \$15 for entry. It includes two hours of bowling and shoes. Please RSVPs to Tommy so we can have a headcount for the bowling alley.

We have planned the next few activities just waiting on approval from the church.

H&I- Kristy gave report

The subcommittee met on Sun. 6/28/26 at 6pm. 11 members present and 1 on zoom. We brought a future H&I learning day to the table, to be determined.

Flagler Jail Men- All meetings met

Flagler Jail Women- 0 meetings met

Project Warm- All meetings met

Epic Wednesday- All meetings met

St. Johns County Jail- All meetings met

The next subcommittee meeting will be on Sun. 7/26/26 at 6:00pm at the Silver Dollar

LITERATURE- TAMI

We received our last order and it was for \$297.35. That has been with the RSO. And other than that, something that has occurred and I think it's what you're talking about this fellowship development. We have seen a huge sale of key tags, especially

white key tags. And that tells me that we've got some newcomers coming in. And so that's pretty exciting. It's what we prayed for. But if you need medallions or keytags at any point in time see me.

PR Event Report

Tami: So it was kind of a last minute thing, but it turned out fabulous. There were about 250 people who attended the event. And we probably had a dozen or more people actually stop and have a conversation with us. And that's a big deal in all things considered. We gave away a bunch of meeting schedules. I think it turned out fabulous! I'm just reporting because there's nobody else to report. I don't have any ownership.



A NEW LIFE

GSR: Jonathan

Celebrations: -

Donation:\$0

Comments: Everything has been good with the group as far as our normal rhythm. But I did get a phone call from the St. John's Recovery Center, which is located at 1125 North Summit Street, Crescent City, Florida 32112. We got asked to take a meeting into that facility. If you would like to attend, we meet in the parking lot and you have to enter from the entrance closest to the old Winn-Dixie in town. They close the other entrance so you can't get in there. But we meet on Tuesdays at 6:45 in the parking lot and then we just go right in and do a one hour meeting in the facility. I'm begging for people to go. I've been getting a couple of people here and there to go and so far I've got a couple of commitments and I'm trying to make sure that I take females and males because it is co-ed. So that's something I've also been doing because they voluntarily go to the meeting in the building. They don't force them all to come in. That meeting allows the people that are in detox to come to a meeting. Then on Wednesday night we have our normal meeting and they've started bringing a group from the facility to our meeting. So we got 11 additional people in our last meeting. And so that really jumped and they were all brand new. So that's a big thing. The only issue is that our room is small. We had 15 total people in the room and we had 15 total chairs that I set up. Did not know how many people were going to show up so that was God's thing. And so anyway, one of the things we don't have documentation additional to take in there. I have to take our documentation into the readings and all that into the facility from our group. I would like to talk to H&I about getting a packet for that. Also, we need some guidance on what traditions are suspended when we're going into these facilities. I need to know what that is and get that information. And I called Jeff and left him a message that we did get into the facility and I haven't received anything, but I don't know.

That's what our group needs. We're going to have to upgrade our air conditioner, thank God, because we don't have a big enough air conditioner to handle 15 to 18 people being in the room at one time. So I'm happy about that if the group has to spend that money or go and ask the church, then that's what we're going to do. And

then our average attendance went from 3-4 to 7 in one day. I figured next month it's going to probably double or triple that. We do have an annual bikefest coming up in October. It's on the 24th in Crescent City. And I am with the group that sets that up and actually puts it on. I'm a treasurer for the local organization that does that. And so if we want a PR, something that I think we could have a good booth at, that's a big one. That's our biggest event every year in Crescent City. So it would be nice if we could get PR over there. Anyway, that's all I got.

A VISION OF HOPE

GSR: Kristy

Celebrations: Kelly celebrated 2 years on 7/8/26

Donation: \$0

Comments: We have an average of 8 to 10 in attendance with an average number of newcomers are 4.

BACK TO BASICS

GSR: Cory

Celebrations:-

Donation: \$0

Comments: We are now an "Eating Meeting". We open the doors at 6:30pm for food and fellowship. We are struggling with attendance.

BAKER'S DOZEN

GSR: Kasey R.

Celebrations: Joanne 18 years on 7/10/26. Kasey 17 years on 7/24/26

Donation: \$101.70

Comments: Average addicts in attendance is 20. The only issue that our group had was last month we had a vote on the RCM 3 and I just wanted to address the reason for our vote. Someone had mentioned principles before personalities and I was kind of taken back by that because our home group has, the majority of our homegroup members have multiple decades of time and our issue was not the RCM in particular.

I've done service work for Brian for over 10 years. I love him. It was the responsibilities that we were voting on for the position that we felt if the position were to become open. They didn't have an issue with the responsibilities because that could have been addressed after. We just felt like if the RCM position had become open, we didn't know if the amount of responsibilities that the RCM was going to have, if that would affect anybody not wanting to step into that role because of the amount of responsibilities. So I just wanted to address that.

NA GROUP

GSR: Matt

Celebrations: Annette 1 year on 7/18/26

Donation: \$0

Comments:

NEVER ALONE

GSR: Rob

Celebrations:-

Donation: \$0

Comments: Attendance has been okay there, averaging about 12 addicts a week.

Don't really have anything to report other than we are switching up the format to the meetings there. The second Tuesday of the month it will be a step meeting out of

the stepworking guide. And the other meeting topic is going to be picked by the chairperson. It's going to be a round robin. That's all I got.

NEW BEGINNINGS

GSR: Andrew

Celebrations: Lanae K. 4 years on 7/13/26

Donation: \$0

Comments: Average attendance is 10 to 12 and we get a lot of newcomers, somewhere between 6 and 8 of them.

WE DO RECOVER

GSR: Ed

Celebrations: -

Donation: \$42.00

Comments:

WELCOME HOME

GSR: Mike

Celebrations:-

Donation: \$10.00

Comments: Average attendance is 15. Average newcomers are 5.

OPEN SHARING

TJ: So just a quick question and maybe the GSRs or groups can go ahead and touch on it. We only brought in \$150 for a donation to area this month. Total. That's massively low. So my question then is this a common occurrence because either the groups are affected by snowbirds Or are the groups starting to see less and less money coming in regularly?

Matt: We didn't have a business meeting this month so next month we'll have some money for you.

TJ: Okay. So it has nothing to do with lack of people or funds.

Corey G.: When I was treasurer, I did see a dip after FRCNA, not because people hold money, but because FRCNA affects business meetings and it affects the right people being at the group at that time. And it tends to be the bigger groups. There are three or four groups that tend to historically have funded 50% of the area say, and the other seven or eight fund the other 50%. And those three groups always were challenged because those members were always at 50%. So it does not surprise me that this month is low.

Jef: Our numbers always tend to dip in the middle of summer.

Tricia: We had our business meeting where our treasurer is out of the country, so we weren't able to donate, but next month we'll bring it.

Kevin: Speaking of, you said it was low. Is that going to affect some of the funding?

TJ: No, I just wanted to better understand because it was like a massive dip. I'm talking like 10% of what we brought in last month is what we brought in today.

Jonathan: Our group does have a summertime. They leave anywhere from May and June to October. And so we do have about half of our group, if not more, are

snowbirds. So we're really needing to get some people that are local that stay around all year. Also we have people coming in from this recovery center and they aren't allowed to have money.

Kristy: Kind of the same thing with us. We have a lot of newcomers and so we've placed two large literature orders for our group the past two months. And so that's really eaten away all of our donations..

TJ: All right. I appreciate it. I just wanted to get the economic feeling.

Tami: So what is the outlay of money this month?

TJ: What's going out versus what's coming in? Even. It's going to be a wash. So I mean, it's not an issue or anything. It's such a massive drop. It would be terrible of me doing my position to not ask what caused this.

Corey G: So as the treasurer, are you asking not just the cause, are you concerned enough that you want to adjust the regional donation? Would that be something that you think is necessary based upon what we saw or do you think that we can move it forward as normal?

TJ: I think we can move it forward as normal as it is now, but it's too early to actually build the map with it. So I just wanted to make sure because there's other dips that happen obviously throughout the yearly period. But I mean, standard dips for us are at the beginning of the year when the year first starts. And then we're flush until just now. So right now we're looking at almost like a semi-annual basis of dips, which if it's at the beginning of the year, in the middle of the year that we drop, then those are explained because people are out of town, people are having conventions. So that's a reoccurring thing and that wouldn't even affect any regional donations

Corey G: New Years and Christmas it happens for the same reason.

OLD BUSINESS

Jason: The only proposal we had last month was for the PR table at the Bunnell Pride Event and that's already come and gone. We heard a report on it. So we're going to move into new business.

NEW BUSINESS

Tami: We talked a little bit at fellowship development about the quandary that they've got with the second meeting in Crescent City and that it probably will eventually turn into an H&I meeting. Do you have any literature specifically for people?

Kristy: Jeff has an extra set of readings so get with Jeff and see what he has and what we need to get if he doesn't have it.

Jonathan: Do I need to put the Bike Fest PR thing down as something with new business?

Jason: Were the people that were at the PR event, are you planning on having a subcommittee meeting? I guess I should address this to the co-facilitator.

Kevin: So we had a discussion through fellowship development after they had their first PR learning day. They brought it to the Bunnell Pride Event. So they had had a kickoff with that and the week prior there had been an orientation. And so that had taken off and like Tami said, it's been well. We are going to have a PR gathering where we're going to start to kick off with PR and I'm going to be involved. A couple other members that I know are going to be involved. We have another individual who's interested in getting involved. And so we're going to start a PR subcommittee. So we will be working on it with you too, Jonathan, and doing it properly because usually we have to do PR before we go to bring it in, trying to get the information from them in and out. We have an experienced individual who is going to be working with us in this as well. I'm not very experienced with the PR Subcommittee. The thing is, we do have a member who's interested and has a lot of experience. So this is wonderful. And the gentleman I'm talking about is Jeret and his hand is up and he can tell us more too.

Jeret: I was just going to say, I agree with everything Kevin said, but to answer your question, will there be a PR subcommittee meeting? Tentatively, yes. We are looking at a meeting a half hour before H&I. So that would be at the SilverDollar II Club. So that would be 5:30pm on the last Sunday of the month.

Kevin: We're doing research to see if we have availability to the facility. If not, we're going to have to put it on the Coquina Coast line or whatever we do for information up to all that.

Jason: So once we have that information, Tricia, would we be able to send out an email to the GSRs letting them know if that's happening?

Tricia: Yes

Jason: Okay. So we'll be in contact about that.

Suz: I know we threw out a couple of things today, here and fellowship development of like tentatively this, tentatively maybe, if any of this comes up and it does come to fruition, if you could just reach out to me to let me know so I can put it on the website so it is out there and everybody does have that information, that would be awesome.

Jason: Yeah, that's kind of what I was just getting at with Trish, making sure if she sends it out to everybody, including you, you can put it on the website. And the more ways we can get it out the better.

Corey G: So I'm unsure if we actually answered the question that was asked, which was do we need to do a proposal out for the motorcycle event today or are we going to leave that for the committee that doesn't exist to talk about?

Kevin: I believe we should wait till next month because we don't even have any of the PR coordination together yet. We don't even have a real date of exactly what's going on. We're still looking for more information. So that's one of the things that we're talking about is trying to bring another learning day or a booth to this function as an event which is going to be October 24th in Crescent City. Which would be through PR. And that's what we're talking about again. We're supposed to get a coordinator interested, but nobody's been nominated. Nobody's done anything yet.

Jason: I'm trying to get there.

Tami: I want to bring this up. We talk a lot here about what does Region do for us. And I want to say that we had an absolutely fabulous online training day that was provided to us by the regional PR facilitator. He answered questions. He gave us a really nice presentation. If you ever had an interest in getting involved with PR, it would have been great to be there. But we often say, what does Region do for us? And they showed up. Charles showed up and he did a fabulous job.

Corey G: So we've been talking about PR at Region for as long as I've been there. And the advice that keeps coming out is always go in with something to do. And yes, we can kick off a PR meeting. I kind of feel like if you kick off a PR meeting with the idea that we're doing this motorcycle thing, that's why we're starting to meet, you're in a much stronger position than just saying we're holding a PR event, a PR meeting. Yes, I know we're going to get some pendants because we have the right people involved, but it feels like we have an opportunity to really just say like, guys, Pride event was great. The next one is the motorcycle event. Get involved in PR if you want to be part of it. Instead of saying, the alternative is to get in PR because we're having a PR meeting. And I feel like we'd be in a much stronger position if we knew what the next thing was before we start getting. Otherwise, I've been involved in enough subcommittees, and I think everybody here has too, that you could sit around twiddling your thumbs, jerking each other off while we all talk about what should be happening and what should happen next. When we have the opportunity to sit here and say that this is what's happening next.

Kevin: The thing is we're just trying to get... We don't even have a PR. We're just kind of putting it in.

Corey G: We didn't have last month.

Kevin: Well, yeah, you guys did.

Corey G: No, we didn't have a PR committee. But we still put out an event.

Kevin: And we're still going to meet. We're not going on an event. We're going to meet. That's not a problem. We're going to meet prior to. Is that correct?

Corey G: We're going to meet to talk about whether we should or shouldn't and then come back with an opportunity to come back in the following month to talk about what we should do. We're going to talk about what it is just

Kevin: And that goes for not just that event. It goes for anything that has to do with hospitals and institutions. It has nothing even to do with that event. That's just one of them.

Jonathan: So I kind of agree with him on that. We can say that we would like to do this event. If it doesn't happen because we didn't get everything set up between here and there, but at least it's on the agenda that we might be able to do this event, if that makes sense. I mean, just making a vote we're going to -It doesn't happen. I mean, one of the things is when you're doing something like that, if there is a space rental for a booth, like if they're going to charge us \$30 or \$20 for that, you have to do that ahead of time so that they can get you placed

Jeret: I do agree with the point. I agree with all points. And I think that's maybe a fantastic thing for GSRs to say at your meetings is to say, "Hey, go check out PR. They're looking at this bike event in Crescent City. We haven't obviously paid for a booth or really decided if we're going, but I agree with the point that that's a great

thing for GSRs to bring to their meetings because I do agree that is much more exciting than saying "come to the Silver Dollar and we'll stare at each other." So I agree with that, but I also wouldn't want to put the cart before the horse saying, "Yeah, we're doing it when there hasn't been a proposal or anything." I mean, that is attractive to me obviously, but to everyone, I don't know. To a newcomer, I don't know. That sounds great to me. But anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter.

Jason: I think we have a proposal coming. We pretty much forced it.

Tami: I don't know if we need a proposal. I think that what we do is we instruct the co-facilitator to be available at the PR meeting with all information that is necessary for us to start the process of putting this together. Then when we come back the next time, there'll be a perfect opportunity to say give us our \$130. But I think to say this is specifically one of the things we will be addressing because if we come in and we say, "Oh yeah, we got this idea." And then we have to meet again in August to say, "Oh, let's have money." And then we come back here in September and ask for it, it's not going to be good. So I think Kevin or whomever.

Kevin: Jeret and I are going to talk about it outside of here. We already had a plan to take care of information so we can get it pushed forward quicker. Jeret and I are going to work it out. We're going to have a prior to H&I as long as we can get in there. Yes, we're going to have a meeting.

Jason: Jonathan, do you want to hold on to that proposal till next month when you'll have more information?

Jonathan: It's really up to the group. I mean, I'm not going to try and push something.

Jason: I mean, I think a lot of us do want it.

Jeret: Yeah. Proposals are great.

Jonathan: I mean personally. I think it's going to be a helpful thing.

Tami: If we proceed the way that Kevin and Jeret are talking about, we don't need a proposal because what the proposal's going to go back to homegroups. If by the time they get around to it, we've had a PR meeting and we have a committee. It's already in the budget. We don't even have to ask for money. The money is there in the budget and we can go forward. We're still going to be next month before we get blessed, but next month we would have a committee that just has the money available.

NOMINATIONS

Jason: Open positions are PR Helpline and Co-Treasurer. Fellowship development is also looking for a co-facilitator. Do we have any nominations?

Tami: I would like to nominate Jeret for PR.

Jason: Jeret is going to read his resume and the answers will be in the minutes.

Jeret: My name is Jeret V. My clean date is February 15th, 2019. I have 7 years and 4 months. The service position sought is the PR coordinator. As far as NA service positions I've held that I consider relevant to the position to which I am nominated, I

was PR, literature, ASO coordinator, PR booth facilitator and GSR. I have read the area and subcommittee guidelines. I have never misappropriated NA funds. I have never resigned or been removed from a service commitment.

As far as personal resources, I believe I can bring to this position is PR experience. I do have an NA sponsor, an NA homegroup. I attend weekly NA meetings. I have a working knowledge of the 12 steps and 12 traditions of NA. An understanding of the 12 concepts of NA service, knowledge of the NA guide to local service and accounting and computer skills. The last question that I answered here is what life experiences, i.e. Schoolwork, volunteer, etcetera, have you had that you believe will help you serve in the position in which you are nominated? My job is basically a fancy version of phone lines right now and I served the PR subcommittee in my old area for 3 years before moving here.

Jennifer: Why is that going back to the groups when it's an open position and normally we vote on them on the floor?

Jason: Any nomination for an area body position always goes back to groups.

Jennifer: When it is an open position it is not a rollover

Jason: Because if we push this through and vote on it right now, how many people are going to be pissed that they didn't get a say?

Jennifer: It is in the policy

Tami: No it is not. We have in the past when we needed somebody to do something immediately. He can appoint them temporarily.

Jef: Yeah, we appoint them, but it still goes back to vote on.

Jeret: I am going to appoint Jeret as the acting PR facilitator. So they can have their meeting on the 26th tentatively.

TREASURY CLOSING BALANCE

TJ: Closing balance: \$2,047.27. That leaves \$657.02 over prudent reserve

Jason: Is that going to be forwarded to region?

TJ: Yes, \$657.02 will be forwarded to region.

CSR Reminder

1. Vote on Jeret for the PR Helpline position. (See resume attached) Bring your results back to the next area.
2. Make sure everyone knows that Any Means Necessary has reopened. Starting July 20th it will take place on Mondays at 7:00 PM at 201 Church St. Bunnell, in the Old City Hall building.
3. Lets get people involved in PR! The tentative subcommittee meeting date will be Sunday July 26th more information to follow.

THANK YOU!!

Jason S. closed the meeting at 2:03pm with the Third Step Prayer. The next Area meeting will be **August 9, 2026**. See you all then!!

 *In Loving Service,* 

Tricia - Secretary